Tuesday, February 8, 2011

OWAV:), 02/08/11, 27°, 5am, 1/2" snow

Outside looks white this morning with a light covering of snow.  Seems like we go from snow, to wet and sloppy or icy and slick.  Sometimes I wish it would just snow a foot and stay that way.

Had an enjoyable lunch yesterday with friend, Kathy Hunter.  She is a story teller, writer, teacher, gardener, and "raiser" of chickens.  Her smile lights up the room when she is present.  We split a sandwich and I had a bowl of the cauliflower soup.  Lunch at "Ruby Peak Naturals", is home made, and more healthy than other lunches in the county.  Good choice Kathy!

Before coming home from Enterprise, I stopped at Soroptimists, and the grocery store.  I had a hankering for oyster stew, but no oysters to be found at Safeway.  At home I fixed a pork chop dinner for Herb, then put together a rhubarb custard pie, using frozen pie crust and rhubarb.  Later in the afternoon we ate it warm with a scoop of ice cream.  Herb thinks I have the crust just right.  Does that mean I can quit practicing now?  Probably not.

Have another busy day today. I will prepare chicken thighs for Herb to cook later today for his dinner, because I will go to write group and lunch, then to a funeral service.  One of our sorority members, husband, passed away last week and we will attend his funeral service at 1pm.  Also I will fix a plate of olives and pickles for the family dinner after the funeral.

That's all for today from Barton Heights, OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment