Wednesday, February 16, 2011

OWAV:) 02/16/11, 4am, 27°, 4" snow overnight,

Scrabble games are caught up, second cup of coffee finished.  We got the snow that was promised and more is coming today, just in time for our trip to Utah, Arizona.  Oh Joy!!!!  I hate bad roads and am trying to not let myself get really frustrated about it.  Usually we could wait to travel, but we have already bought tickets for the dinner theater in Phoenix.  Hotel reservations are already made.  We have to be in Phoenix by Saturday night so we can go to the last performance of "My Fair Lady" on Sunday.  I have to keep thinking that it will all work, just stay calm!!

Up early again and was joined with a chat from Rusty.  It appears on my screen as a text message.  "I can't sleep either."  He has seen that I'm on the Internet, so we connect with the video chat, drink our coffee together and catch up on his China job and what his plans are before he leaves again.  Most pressing is to see his tax guy and get his taxes done for the year.  Being single they really stick it to him.

I talked to Adam Stein yesterday about the bid on the roof, he will bring it by this morning. Sounds like it will be about the cost of our deductible, so I called Farmers and told them we wouldn't be filing a claim.  We just pay the $1000.00 and be glad we have money to pay it with.  There goes the rest of the state income tax return.

Write group was good yesterday and I will miss those weekly sessions with my friends.  I will keep in touch via email.  We again pot lucked our soup and sandwiches.  I didn't stay for scrabble, wanted to get home and see if our Internet was back up and working properly.  I was suffering from scrabble withdrawals, must have been why I was feeling so shaky!

Herb is out plowing and I told him I would sweep the walks, snow is light and fluffy, so that should be easy.  Then I will finish packing, try to think of all the last minute things to do and be ready to leave early in the morning.

OWAV:) 7am

No comments:

Post a Comment