Friday, February 11, 2011

OWAV:) 02/11/11, 5am, 27° Clear & Frosty

Up at 5am, did scrabble games and looked at books on Book Browse.  It shows up in my email twice a month, has new books in review.  "By my Side" caught my eye this morning, about animals, non fiction, a tear jerker I think, but should be good.  Herb and I just finished the second book by Cora Holmes, Dear Cora.  Non fiction, good reading about people living and making a living in the Aleutian Islands in the 90's.  One of the first things we do when on vacation is check out the thrift stores and yard sales for books.  Doesn't take much to keep us entertained.

Speaking of which it is coming down to the wire, our trip to Arizona, so I must, absolutely must get with it.  I have the FJB (railroad) stuff to get done this morning.  Get my suitcase out and start to pack.  Fix a box of "staple stuff" to take with us for meals.  That way we don't have to buy our favorite spices there.  I always get more things done under pressure so this should be a good day.  Looks like the sun just hit Ruby Peak, so I'll let you know later what I accomplished. Herb is on his way to have the studded snow tires taken off of the car. We always debate about doing that but I hate those "clicken" things, not sure they let you use them in Arizona.  I always think back about the times before studded tires and how we went everywhere with maybe snow tires and no 4-wheel drive.  OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment