Monday, February 24, 2014

Dinner and Games...38º

Busy day yesterday as I started another batch of light dough...While it proofed I browned a medium sized pork shoulder roast, covered it with homemade sauerkraut added a couple of German sausages and set the oven for 200º...While the roast and sauerkraut simmered I played in the dough making cinnamon rolls and dinner rolls, cut veggies for a relish plate and made a fruit salad for dessert...Late afternoon I took the roast out of the oven to bake the rolls...Smells of cinnamon and dough baking covered the smell of sauerkraut...(Not sure how something that smells bad cooking can taste so good when eating!)...Herb peeled potatoes and later did the mashing as Becky and John arrived for dinner...The table was cleared and we did a marathon of "Five Crowns"...In bed by 10pm, I slept until 7am, those young people sure wear us out!..Hugs To All...OWAV:)


1 comment: