Friday, February 7, 2014

More Events...19º & 1" snow

Coen Brothers remake of True Grit was on at the JC last night...Arrived in time to help make popcorn before we settled in to watch the movie as the "Big Read" is winding down...Two events are left with the battle of the books on Sunday and the Grand Finale February 16th, at the Hurricane Creek Grange...Sandwiched in between these programs is opening night of Sweethearts at the Josephy Center.

I enjoyed this movie, I think, more than the original...It seemed to move faster and seemed a little more believable...Although Mattie Ross spent a couple of scenes in the water and never seemed to get wet or cold...I closed my eyes through the snake scene as I knew what was coming and saw no reason to endure...I like endings that give closure and wrap things up, which I thought this did a better job.

Today I will prepare food for tonights opening at JC...Have cookies and chocolate cake already made...eggs boiled and peeled, the start of deviled eggs, sandwich makings and veggies (for a tray) ready in the fridge...Have to finish editing another short essay then will send 15 pages winging their way through cyber space to Katey...This said, guess I better get out of my jammies and get moving...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment