Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Busy Days/Sunshine,blooms, laughter...45º

Yesterday 8am, found me in the dentist chair having my teeth cleaned...Kathy kept up a lively conversation while she had me a captive audience, I occasionally nodded my head in agreement...Some days we talk about kids, grandkids, the latest trip or vacations...Yesterday we got on the subject of how dentistry used to be -- before the suction hose was invented and we used a  "spitting bowl" at chair side...Before masks and gloves and high speed drills...She started chair side assisting at age 15, with a work permit...The dentist smoked while working on patients (hard to believe,) his ashtray conveniently placed right at his elbow...Also the spit bowl drained into quart mason jars (I find this hard to believe) and one of her jobs was to keep these emptied and cleaned out...YUK!!! Then the conversation moved on to how our society has become overly concerned about germs and the antibacterial soaps and wipes...And how Moms have a wipe for everything now where in the old days our Moms would spit on their finger or hanky and give a kid a quick face wash if they ended up in public with a dirty face..Yes this happened on a regular basis!

I made a quick stop at the grocery store and soroptimist, got home just in time to make write people at 10am...Lively discussion with lost of laughter...Then home to have lunch/dinner with Herb before I  did a volunteer stint at the Wallowa County Museum...I didn't check to see if or where the AED is located at the museum...Wondering if this volunteer stuff is such a good idea...Must get moving, want to finish the garden today...Hugs to all...OWAV:)

PS...The iris's are blooming.





No comments:

Post a Comment