Friday, June 6, 2014

This and That...45º

Yard sales are on the schedule today and that brings up the subject of "bargains."..I love a bargain!..While shopping at BiMart in LaGrande last week I was checking out the garden department, fertilizers in particular...I normally go for natural or organic but for my annual flower pots commercial is much easier and faster and since we don't eat the flowers it works for me...I have looked at "Osmocote" many times as it is a time release fertilizer, supposedly one application lasts all summer...But I've always felt that it cost more money than I was willing to spend...As I weighed the odds, comparing different containers, my eye caught a sign, Sale...Specially marked bottles of Osmocote were marked down from $9.99 to $1.88...Do I take all six? Why are they so cheap?..Not wanting to be a pig, I settled for 3...I used 1/2 bottle last week in the deck planters and time will tell if it really lasts all summer...I suppose for $1.88 I could do more than one application.

Another bargain last week, checking out a nearby moving sale, the people had huge containers for sale that held grain that they used for chicken food...I asked the lady if any of them had hard winter wheat stored in them, because I liked wheat to grind for my bread...She said no, but she had whole wheat flour in the house that she would sell...I now have about 70# of whole wheat flour (mostly organic) stored in the cellar for bread making...Total cost was $15.00...I wonder if this weeks yard sales will have bargains that I just can't do without?...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment