Sunday, June 15, 2014

Counting the days...44º

I find it hard to get in a major cleaning mode when the kids are coming, after all they grew up in this house with all its dirt, dust, cobwebs and clutter of home...Why should I try to change that?

Herb has clean sheets for their beds and I'm thinking about what meat to thaw for meals, might even have to make a trip to the grocery store or not...We have enough in the cellar and freezer to feed an army, just takes a little ingenuity (Bobi's department) to put it all together...I know we will be making lemon pie and dinner rolls...Cienna will probably have some suggestions (enchiladas, donuts, waffles) and maybe she will make her baking powder biscuits for us...Rusty will fire up the BBQ...As usual it will be a whirl of activity and over in the blink of an eye...I doubt that the cleanliness of the house is a topic of conversation when they get back home...I'm more inclined to believe that it would be about eating homemade food, who got lucky at the card games and maybe plans for a return trip.

Just to pass the time this morning I will clean the bathroom and kitchen before vacuuming upstairs and maybe jot down a few possible meals for the coming week.

Dinner today will be at the newly renovated Lostine Tavern as we get together with Pat and Brian for our 3rd annual Fathers' Day celebration...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

PS...How could I forget?..Today is Fathers day and since I just recently scanned photos of Herb's parents into my computer I planned to post them today in menory of two fine people...They were loving, kind, generous people who came into my life right after I lost my own father...They treated me and loved me like a daughter...Gone now for many years they are still loved and missed...The following photo's were taken in Moscow, Idaho, June of 1961 at Herbs college graduation.


Elmer and Frances (Babe to her family)

Dad, Mom and Herb
                                  
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment