Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Devices....34º

Phones, tablets, laptops, desktops and all the sub categories....Audio, video, dvd's, mp3's (whatever that is,) on and on...As I've told you before Herb and I get most of our reading material (library books) on line and read them on either ipad or mac pro...Now I have progressed to listening to audio books on my iPhone...It is hard for me to just sit and listen, so I'm thinking about taking up knitting again just to have something to do with my hands.

So far I've tried cooking while listening, but this also can include reading a recipe while listening to a "murder mystery." 'Something about dead bodies buried in a VW in an old well or is that in my recipe that says 'Make a well in the flour and dump in remaining ingredients.' or 'Dump the dead bodies in a well filled with flour, pour into pan and bake at 400º until well preserved!'...Welcome to dinner at the Allens, "Burnt offerings are on the menu one more time."

Picture this...Yesterday I was sitting on the sofa; ear buds in, listening to a book, Macbook open on my lap, checking email, scanning Facebook, doing scrabble (came up with some new words), then resorted to doing a jigsaw puzzle (less concentration.) All at once the screen went black on the macbook, voice still reading in my ears and I thought "Oh Darn"...just blew the whole thing up!

Actually it just ran out of battery and needed to be recharged...Now if there was only a way to recharge my batteries...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment