Sunday, February 1, 2015

Super Bowl Sunday...30º

Just writing my post title this morning I feel a soapbox moving under my feet and I'm not even standing up!!!

Many years ago "it" was not to be missed at our house...No sledding parties or ice skating parties unless they were over before "it" started or started after "it" was over...Now we no longer have a dish or a cable hookup, in fact the old TV sits forlornly in the basement, waiting for "The Girl" to return, when she might or might not watch a movie.

I could get on the "box" and rant about the salaries that the "Super Stars" are paid or about the wonderful "Role Models" they are NOT!..Or that companies pay millions of $$$$'s for a 30 second spot to tout their wares...Or all the greasy, sweet, calorie laden foods that the grocery ads temp us to buy...Or the price of a single ticket to see this super hyped up event and the possible wardrobe malfunction that might occur at halftime!..I feel my blood pressure going up.

I do find one thing interesting about this game...The Venue in which it is played...When in Phoenix several years ago I saw free tickets to a Home and Garden show so snagged a couple, thinking it would be a good outing for Herb and I, since we had grown bored sitting poolside, sipping the drink of the day...We had the address of the Garden show and a map, we arrived early, enjoyed the show and learned a bit about the Venue...Follow the link, it really is quite a place.

Today for us will be like any other Sunday, laundry to do, plants to water, floors to mop, rooms to clean, come up with something to eat for dinner...Hmmm, keeping with the Super Bowl Theme,  how about bacon wrapped little smokies, drowned in butter and brown sugar and roasted for 30 minutes in a 400º oven?...Maybe there is enough lettuce in the fridge for a side salad for each of us...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


2 comments:

  1. I guess I didn't realize we shared such similar views about "it". YOUR dinner sounds so delicious! Have a good day. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janice, Guess we are just a couple of "radicals" at heart...Enjoy your tofu, wrapped in tofu bacon, not sure what temp you would cook that at. Idella :)

      Delete