Friday, May 29, 2015

Digging and Planting...44º

A friend, Jean, from water therapy, stopped by on Tuesday morning taking me up on my offer of rhubarb (to eat) and perennial starts for planter boxes in her yard...The morning threatened rain, but me with a shovel and her with containers we started in the yard digging, bagging and labeling starts for her to take home...About half way done, we took a break for a cup of tea, while the rain shower moved over us, then finished our job and filled her trunk with starts of all kinds, and an invitation to come back when she was ready for more...I love helping other people get gardens started because that is how my gardens came into existence and give me so much joy!

It's Friday morning and time for Pat and I to hit a yard sale and go to Alder Slope Nursery to pick up annuals for planters on our decks...Then back home to do the planting...Yesterday I worked deadheading flowers and planted beets and cucumbers in the veggie garden and will do more of that today...Seems like I get pooped out too fast and find myself reading and napping on the deck in the warm sunshine...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Photo before Bob leaves for Portland

My favorite yellow iris

No comments:

Post a Comment