Sunday, January 31, 2016

The Worst Job...14º

I remember working in the potato fields as the worst job ever...All day standing in one spot, bent over a moving belt...The clanging, banging, constant noise of the digger, the cold or heat, dirt and wind...A friend of mine said it was a job that built character and I couldn't agree more...I was glad to move on to cleaner, quieter and less back breaking jobs but I will always remember the potato field as a place where I made life long friends, we took the hard work in stride, kept a sense of humor alive with practical jokes and treated each other with respect and most of all we laughed...Sometimes we were laughing so hard that our hands quit working and the machine came to a halt so we could regroup and get back to throwing clods and debris...The last fall that I worked, we put in 21 straight days in October...Each day as we climbed down the ladder, it was like leaving a boat as we reclaimed our balance on solid ground...I remember the crew changing constantly as some people simply gave up, some only worked on weekends for a few extra dollars and some like me found another job...I must say I was one of the lucky ones as I found a job I grew to love, a job that was fun, had benefits and again I made life long friends...More about that in the days to come...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment