Wednesday, April 13, 2016

CHIPS...37º/Cloudy

Yesterday was busy from the get-go...Up early, finally decided to blog about the Chip program, ( I had reservations,) but finally decided that I would need family and friends for support in this endeavor...It is a monumental change in eating habits for me, to improve my health..."But" I'm a trooper and figure I can do anything for 2 months, especially since they feed me about 18 meals, monitor blood pressure, cholesterol, weight etc and our insurance should pay for the class.

My day started off at Write Group, then on to Enterprise where Pam and I joined 10 other ladies for Water Therapy...After WT we had lunch at subway (veggie sandwich (no cheese) for me and a chicken salad for her...She navigated as I drove to Alder Slope and the Garden Clubs first meeting of the year...Good thing she knows that area as I would probably still be looking for the house!..GC was very interesting with info on straw bale gardening and starting seeds in mini green houses made out of gallon milk jugs...We skipped the lovely desserts and arrived back at Pam's in time for me to make it to CHIPS.

My mind was in a "muddle."...Too many things in one day, too many people, too many ideas running through my head, too much visual and mental stimulation...I had to remind myself to "Breath."

Included in the Chips program, a meal is served at each meeting...A good way to sample Vegan (there I said it) cooking...The meeting started at 5:30, tables set and filled plates ready...A veggie wrap with grapes and strawberries on the side...Pitchers of ice water with slices of lemon, lime and mint leaves floating...I was hungry and looking at the plate in front of me, I wondered what dessert might be?

My honest take on the meal, the veggie wrap in a whole wheat tortilla was okay, not very flavorful but filling, the green grapes were almost sweet and the strawberries, hard with little flavor...On my scale of 1-5, I gave it a 2...I ate all that was on my plate and of course there was no dessert...Dr. Rose, a very personable man is the main speaker...Easy to listen to, a sense of humor and quick to smile, he is easy to like...We also watched videos of people with health issues and saw how the program has helped them..Heart attacks and strokes are most prevalent...We ease into the program, return tonight for our second session and another meal...I have homework to do...I will eat oatmeal and a banana for breakfast, maybe chili for lunch...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

My muddled mind forgot to take a photo of the food...Tonight I will remember.

Ice water





1 comment: