Friday, April 15, 2016

Rated a 5...32º/snow

Mostly a nice spring day yesterday...Shower, haircut, morning walk, then off to water therapy...Back home, heated up some dinner, unwound for awhile...I didn't have time for grocery shopping in the morning so wandered the aisles of safeway, before my meeting...Stocking up on grains and fruit.

I arrived at the hospital cafeteria (meeting place,) the smell of food cooking met me at the door...Last nights meal consisted of a potato bar...Pipping hot baked potatoes (no worry about carbs on this food plan,) black bean chili, broccoli and onions for toppings...It was hot, tasty and filling...I gave it a 5!

Margaret, the hospital chef, makes all of our meals and last night she also gave a demo on important kitchen tools and gadgets to made meal prep easier...Most important are sharp knives and she gave us a brief lesson on knife sharpening, then slicing and dicing...It was interesting and informative...Dr Rose talked about oxidative stress and free radicals...Much of which went right over my head!

Our delightful ice water last night had slices of orange and strawberries floating...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment