Thursday, April 14, 2016

Spring Rains...36º

So far the rain hasn't turned to snow but the possibility is on for tonight...Maybe the forecast will be wrong, it would be fun to have apricots on our tree again!..Everything is jumping out of the ground and every bush and tree show signs of buds and new leaves...I love spring.

Yesterday went by in kind of a blur as I rearranged the fridge, making room for fresh veggies, so glad the asparagus is on as it made for a yummy lunch...Trying to arrange my meals so that i'm ready for a light meal at Chips but not starving...Herb has been warming up his own dinner from leftovers in the fridge and really supporting me in this new adventure...I showed him a photo of the salad included in our meal last night and he said, "That looks good enough to eat!"

Our meetings last about 2 hours including dinner and the time flies by...So much info to absorb and remember...The main point they are trying to get across is that chronic diseases, such as heart disease and diabetes, etc. can be controlled or helped, at any age, by a change in lifestyle and diet rather than popping a pill...Our next step in the program we are looking forward to "Jumpstart."..This means quite a restricted diet for 5 days starting Friday...It is our choice to do the jumpstart or take a more gradual path for the next week...I will be going to the store this morning before water therapy and stocking up on WHOLE Grains and enough fruits and veggies to keep me alive for five days.

I make light of some of this because that is the way I am, but seriously I haven't been hungry...I still have occasional cravings, but "they" claim I will get over that in the next week.

Last nights meal was carrot soup and a spinach/strawberry salad, sprinkled with sliced almonds and lightly dressed with a vinaigrette, whole grain garlic bread completed the meal...On my scale this rated a 2 as the soup was very bland (pepper would have helped,) the salad was excellent, as well as the garlic bread...Over all it was not a very filling meal...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Ice water with raspberries & mint

Carrot soup with spinach/strawberry salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment