Saturday, April 30, 2016

Warming Temps...44º

A promise of sunny days ahead makes next week perfect for deadheading daffodils, weeding, transplanting new starts and planting onions...I remembered to buy seed potatoes at Grain Growers on Thursday, but will wait a few weeks before planting them.

I spent hours in the kitchen yesterday, made a batch of humus and toasted white corn tortillas in the oven to use for dipping...Cooked a batch of lentils with onions, peppers and celery to use as added protein in my veggie dishes or to serve over a whole grain, such as bulgar, quinoa, brown rice...Dinner yesterday, was asparagus from our garden (really early this year,) salad greens, and sautéed mushrooms...Herb had a pork chop and I had crusty, browned tofu.

I find it difficult to keep enough fresh fruits and veggies in the fridge and to make sure I don't loose something in the back and find it when it is too late!..Bobi gave me a hint many months ago to keep cut peppers by wrapping them in a small paper towel, then into a ziplock bag before placing them back in the fridge...Keeps them for going slimy, also works for onions and cilantro...Must get moving, time for my walk...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment