Sunday, April 17, 2016

Jump Start...32º

 Jump start for 2 days was fruit and grains, grains and fruit...I found it difficult to disguise or make palatable this combination, for more than two meals...I sympathized with "Oliver Twist" and his steady diet of Gruel...At least mine had fruit!..Oatmeal/banana and an oat/berry smoothie meals, I would rate a 3, the rest 0...I even added cinnamon for flavor and good frozen berries..I improvised  for our dinner yesterday, made a spaghetti sauce out of my frozen, roasted tomatoes...For the last half hour I put the sauce into two pots and added cooked ground beef to one and served them over whole wheat pasta...It was actually very good even mine, without the beef...Last night while Herb ate rhubarb crisp that I made just for him, I had a sliced apple and toast and cheated a bit by adding peanut butter to my toast.

I'm certainly looking forward to the next 3 days and the addition of veggies and legumes...I think that whoever invented this eating program did the "gruel" on purpose so everyone would then appreciate "beans."..I will persevere!

Moving along, it was a beautiful day yesterday and another today...I enjoy puttering in the yard and never cease to be amazed when I see new shoots poking their little heads out of the ground...Peonies, poppies, day lilies to name a few..Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment