Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Busy Week Ahead...34º

At a loss to figure out something for breakfast yesterday, I searched through the fridge and decided on the meat ball, homemade noodle dish that we had the night before...I had never put egg noodles with a tomato sauce before, (always with turkey or beef gravy) but we found it very tasty, and might even add some whole wheat to the noodles next time.

Yummy.

Early morning I was in the kitchen, scrubbing beets (from our garden) before putting them on to boil and later peel, slice and this morning I will heat them in a sweet, spicy brine and jar them for pickled beets.

I was the go to person for Food Alliance yesterday, since both my cohorts were unavailable...All went well, with a choice of meats, salads and milk products all without cost and a great help to stretch their food budgets...The program is actually open to people of all income levels.

Today we start getting everything, jars, pressure cooker, huge pots, beans, ground meat etc...Meat from our freezer will be ground into chunky ground beef, chili's and onions will be chopped and sautéed, will start pressure cooking on Friday...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

2 comments:

  1. You do know that you can make noodles without eggs, right?! hahaha xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do but i figure i'm getting some nutrition from the eggs.... :)

    ReplyDelete