Tuesday, October 2, 2018

The Colors of Fall...50º

No rain overnight, temperature is much warmer this morning...Yesterday Herb and I were out early, he cutting/chopping down the perennials, that have gone to seed, I followed behind with a rake and filled the little trailer...Some years we have left chopped stuff for mulch, but I like the look of cleaner beds going into winter, they all seem to winter okay and sprout back up in the spring...I also did some pruning on the barberry that is starting to shade the peonies...Our plan is to do another section this morning...A little each day and it will eventually get done!..No firewood was delivered over the weekend so we can concentrate on yard work.

Late afternoon found me outside again, this time with my iPhone/camera recording the fall colors, that are just getting started...Hope everyone is enjoying these lovely fall days...Hugs To All...OWAV:)



Ornament grass that was gifted
to us from friend Pat...I plan
to dig sections off the backside
and replant because they are
so pretty in a group.

A newer start of the same grass, 


A few lonely aster blooms that
the deer haven't eaten.

Barberries loaded with berries...A 
sharpening stone in front.

No comments:

Post a Comment