Monday, October 15, 2018

Indian Summer...26º

Looks like Indian Summer for the next week anyway...Sunny, cool days and frosty nights...It was warm enough to dig in the dirt yesterday and after a struggle, I managed to get starts off of the ornamental grass...All my friends want a start of this showy fall grass.

"Shimmery"

Early morning was too cold to go outside and I really needed to get something cooking for dinner...Ground meat was thawing in the fridge and spaghetti sounded good...I made about 50 miniature meat balls, added them (uncooked) to a crockpot of simmering roasted tomatoes, put the lid on and went outside...About 3 hours later, I was greeted with delicious aromas coming from the kitchen...Looking in the pantry, all I found was thin, whole wheat pasta...UGH...Homemade noodles sounded much better...4 eggs, flour, salt mixed into a soft dough, rolled out, cut into strips and simmered in boiling water...Comfort food at its best...Pam joined us for dinner, a glass of wine and a game of cards...Hugs to All...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment