Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Lucky Where We Live...35º

 Looking out our East window this morning, sun is up, geraniums are still blooming, it looks like an absolutely beautiful day...Last night I covered tomatoes, cucumbers and squash in the garden, hoping to keep them alive because all this coming week temperatures are in the high 70's/low 80's...Then I will glean the garden and let the frost have it...It will soon be time to harvest the potatoes and plant the garlic.

As I look at reports from relatives in Wyoming, they had sustained winds all night with snow and ice breaking branches and covering everything...Also weather close to us in Pendleton, they had smoke, wind and dust, closing roads...Not a good combination...That is why, today we are very lucky where we live.

I'm looking forward to a peaceful day...The Walla Walla tomatoes are all roasted and frozen...20# of Imnaha tomatoes will continue to ripen in the box and I will get out the Zucchini Relish recipe and see if we have enough squash, peppers, onions etc to make a batch...I'm thinking maybe a simple tomato, basil, cheese pizza will be good for dinner...I will probably add some sausage to keep Herb smiling...LOL

Just sat on the front porch in my jammies (brrrrrr) snapped some photos to share...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


Sorry forgot to move the water jug!

Geraniums

Begonia

Old Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment