Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Tomato Time...43º

 I used to think that there was something wrong with people who didn't like tomatoes...That just seemed weird to me, and I would ask, "How can you not like a tomato?" I look forward to tomato season every year but I now understand that some people are actually allergic to them and to others they cause major digestive problems...I feel bad for them.

I roasted the first two sheet pans of tomatoes yesterday, ate a couple right out of the oven, ate a few more on a slice of my latest pickle bread and slid the rest into ziplock sandwich bags to go in the freezer.

Ready for the oven.

Roasted and ready to eat or freeze.

One with added Parmesan and one naked.

I had a few tomatoes prepped, that wouldn't fit on the sheet pan, so I sliced and diced to make into fresh salsa and we had tacos for dinner...I'll be roasting more tomatoes today and probably making a batch of bread...Our kitchen is going to smell so good...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

I always put way too much filling on a toco shell & end up eating it with a fork!

No comments:

Post a Comment