Saturday, September 5, 2020

Tomåto/Tomato...50º

More about roasting tomatoes, as I try to use local produce...If not Imnaha, then close by Walla Walla...I have both this year in abundance...I ordered from both places to be sure and you guessed it I have lots of tomatoes...Using all fresh ingredients is important to me, so most years I dice our garlic and use fresh basil if possible...This year powdered garlic saves me time and energy, as does dried basil...But stubborn as I am, on one pan I chopped fresh basil and decorated the tomatoes...Its very pretty, but when heated basil seems to loose its' flavor...AAH, now I know why recipes say to add basil at the very end of simmering spaghetti sauce!..About some things, I'm a slow learner, hmm, maybe more than some...One more box of WW tomatoes to do today and now a new box from Imnaha is waiting for me, they were delivered yesterday...I guess I better get dressed and moving...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment