Sunday, November 22, 2020

Multiplying Chili...16º

 I have a recipe for canning chili, from many years ago, when Mom and I first started canning it...I've changed the recipe over the years, but it never seems to work the same and I always end up with more chili than I planned on...Yesterday we did two canners, total 14 quarts, with more chili mixed up and ready to go into the jars this morning...Herb thinks i'm getting obsessive about all this canning and maybe I am, so will back off a bit, get the chili done and next week kick back, read a book and eat a few bonbons.

Wonder what will be on the menu for Thanksgiving dinner, hot dogs, peanut butter sandwiches or maybe we could grab a couple of jars off the cellar shelve and have turkey/chili soup to go with the traditional, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie...Just wouldn't be Thanksgiving without them...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Sorting the beans, before rinsing
 and soaking them.

Mixed up and heated.

Cooled overnight, before going
to the cellar.

No comments:

Post a Comment