Friday, November 27, 2020

Quiet/Busy Day...18º

 I thought yesterday would be easy, but after I put the turkey breast in the oven, for its 7 hour slow roast, it was just one thing after another until we sat down for dinner at 3pm...The turkey was okay and will make great sandwiches for today (and tomorrow and the next day)...The stuffing was yummy, with leftovers, and gravy to go with it and the pumpkin pie, one of my best...Might have it for breakfast...We did a quick FaceTime with Bobi and family, as they fixed their dinner in Corvallis...Pam and I finished the day with one game of 5 crowns...She managed to beat me in the last two hands but only because I was half asleep!..We had connected via phone with Rusty, early in the morning, it was a good day.

Herb was up early this morning for his 4am cup of coffee, (we have a new coffee maker and are still trying to get it programmed, just right) This digital age is a pain!...Anyway, he emptied the dishwasher and put away all the dishes, pots and pans from yesterday, stoked the fire and just put the flag out for the day...I'm still sitting in my chair (where I might reside for the rest of today) trying to put words on paper that make sense.

I only have one thing that I absolutely have to do today and that is find the instructions to the kitchen stove...Yesterday as I took the stuffing out of the oven and started to put a pan of rolls in, the oven died...It has a code showing in the digital readout (damn digital again), that I will have to find in the instruction booklet...Or maybe I can google it...Anyway, neighbor to the rescue, she came over, took the pan of rolls home, baked them and returned the full pan to our house...Good neighbors are such a blessing!..One last thing, I suppose I should get out of my jammies...Hugs To All...OWAV:)




No comments:

Post a Comment