Thursday, December 9, 2021

Memories...32º...snow in forecast

 Two things have sparked my memory in the last few days reminding me of the Christmas of 1966...First my friend Pat text me that they were doing a bus tour to see The Rockets @ Radio City Music Hall and all the lites at Rockefeller Center, and second looking back at Christmas trees that found a corner in our living room.

1966 found our little family living in Duchesne, Utah...Herb had been transferred there in July... We moved 500 miles away from family, with two children, Bobbi Jo 4 years old and Rusty1 year old and a dog named Pooh.

Herb was born and grew up in New York State, moving West with his parents, when he was 20...They always talked of returning East to visit family and friends.

For whatever reason, Christmas 1966 was chosen for all of us to make this trip...No thought was given to what the weather might be in December and I of all people was delegated the job of getting tickets for our trip...I remember walking into the Salt lake City airport, asked for 5 roundtrip tickets (Rusty would have a choice of 4 laps) from SLC to NYC on Dec. ?, returning 3 weeks later on Jan. ? They took my personal check, no questions asked (we didn't have a credit card) and handed me the tickets...We would have a choice of seats when we arrived at the airport in time to board the plane...That was easy.

Now I have you all set up for a story, I have to find photos to go with it, I will work on that, this afternoon...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

This is Herb and his parents in 1960

Airline Stewardess in the 60's

No comments:

Post a Comment