Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Mild Rant...43º Sunny Day!

 About two months ago our front load washing machine, shook the house for the last time...An unbalanced load, an error code, and no matter what button I pushed or dial I turned it didn't respond...We made a trip to Elgin and the appliance store, where I was lucky to find a Maytag washer, with what looked like a good selection of options...In the 60's when we bought our first washer, Maytag was the top of the line and too expensive for us to afford, so we bought a Sears Kenmore, made by Whirlpool...(Now I think Maytag is made by Whirlpool).

The new washer was delivered within a week and for $10.00, they hauled away the old one!

Now for the rant...Years ago washing machines had dials and by turning the dial you could make it wash, spin, rinse, or soak, you could stop and start it at any time, it had 3 water levels and a hot/warm/cold wash with a hot/warm/cold rinse...Now you push a button and it does what it has been programed to do...Evidently it has been programed by someone who has never done a load of laundry in their entire life!

Look at these options, I love that it has 5 choices for water temperature...Hot, Warm, Cool, Cold, Tap Cold...Really, what is with the cool, cold and tap cold? And no choice for a hot/cold, warm/cold...If I want a hot/cold, I have to change the dial after it has filled for the wash.

You have several options on the type of load, bulky/towels, powerwash, delicates, mixed, normal...Are these redundant or what? And there is a deep water on 4 of the choices and the machine knows how much water to make it deep?...You can do a presoak, an extra rinse, or a presoak, and an extra rinse...Totally blows my mind and I've been having dreams about going back to the days of the wringer washing machine like my mother had...Hugs To All...OWAV:)



                

No comments:

Post a Comment