Monday, December 27, 2021

The "Lull" before the New Year...7º

 I like this quiet time between two big holidays, even though our lives are calm and quiet most of the times, this seems a bit different...We talked to both kids yesterday, as they celebrated Christmas at their own homes on different days...It is all about family and friends, love, laughter, food and games.

My mind has been going to baking, after the Challah Bread was such a success...I had made it a couple of times before and in my mind it was time consuming and somewhat difficult...But not so this time...I mixed it in the afternoon (no kneading involved, just folding every half hour for two hours) then into the fridge overnight...The next morning it is divided into 6 pieces (while it is very cold) and rolled into "ropes" to braid into a simple braid...I covered it with plastic wrap and put it in a cool place while we left the house for 3 hours to do our water therapy.

When we arrived back home, it was nicely raised, I did an eggwhite/cream wash and popped it into a 350º oven...It is a very rich dough, browns easily, makes beautiful loaves...Warm out of the oven, it is heavenly, sliced, wrapped in foil and slightly warmed it is delicious and it makes wonderful french toast for a special breakfast...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

PS...I doubled the recipe to make 4 loaves.

Ready for the oven.

Ready to eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment