Thursday, May 3, 2012

What to do?...35º

Yesterday I was up at 4am, internet would not connect...No email, No scrabble, No surfing...OMG...How would I manage, what would I do, it felt like my umbilical cord had been cut and I was floating in cyberspace with no place to land...I picked up one of the books, chair side, "Running With Scissors" (made into a movie)...Awful, AWful, AWFUL!..Enough said...I tried playing solitaire, boring...Kept checking the internet-nothing...Herb got up and I repeated my tale of woe..."What about the cookies, he asked?" Hmmmm, oh yes the cookies...When I arrived home late afternoon, on Tuesday from "Write People" he kindly ask if it would be possible since I now had my essay written and sent to Katey, might I have time to make molasses cookies or for that matter "any kind of cookies"...He was obviously having a cookie attack and I said, "Of course Dear, first thing in the morning." "Not now?" He said, with raised eyebrows, "I really want molasses cookies with my canned pears for supper." He ate sourdough bread toast with his pears but made sure I knew he was making a sacrifice...So now, early Wednesday morning, I got dressed and started creaming butter and sugar...A few hours later we had 6 dozen each of molasses crinkles (his mothers recipe) and oatmeal, raisin/cranberry/with orange zest, cookies ready for the freezer...Herb is happy now, after sampling the dough and warm cookies.



In the meantime, a technician arrived, put up a new dish for the internet and all is well...I'm connected again...Rusty chatted in on FaceTime and after I listened to his usual tale of woe as to how he dropped everything, rushed back to Georgia and is now waiting in a motel room for a container to arrive from Austria so he can go to work, I related my morning...No sympathy from him, as he said, "Mom how did you survive as a child, remember when you had no electricity, no telephone, no indoor plumbing and had to walk 3 miles to school, uphill both ways?"....  Hugs to All...  OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment