Monday, January 26, 2015

Books To Read....30º

Not too often that I read a book, then turn around and start rereading it the next day..."A Man Called Ove" is a novel and had me laughing or crying and reading or skimming to fast because I wanted to see how it ended...That is how I am, I want to know how things turn out, how things end...That is why many times I read the end of the book so I can slow down and enjoy reading the book...Crazy, Yes, but that is how it is...Ove is a curmudgeon, man of few words, has his routine and doesn't like it changed, believes in following the rules, has little patience with other people...I love the metaphors in this book, they appeal to my "skewed sense of humor." Here is one I particularly like.

Ove has just taken over the wheel of his neighbors car to back his  trailer into a space, after the man has scraped the side of Ove's house and ran over his mail box trying to back the trailer. Ove mutters as he gets into the car. “Holy Christ. A lower-arm amputee with cataracts could have backed this trailer more accurately than you,”

Backman, Fredrik (2014-07-15). A Man Called Ove: A Novel (p. 18). Atria Books. Kindle Edition.

I might have to buy this book so I have it to refer to when I'm trying to come up with a metaphor or similie...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment