Saturday, January 3, 2015

Kamikaze Birds...17º

Sitting on the sofa yesterday, a loud crash, and I thought the front window would break, as I jumped to my feet just in time to see two birds drop to the floor of the front porch...The waxwing was dead on impact but the small hawk, knocked unconscious, lay there, motionless, only a slight movement as his heart continued to beat...He didn't move for about 20 minutes, then slowly his eyes were blinking,  slight movements of his head and wings, before he recovered enough, to fly away...I'm assuming the hawk was in pursuit of the waxwing for breakfast, but that was before the window got in the way, and now he was just glad to be alive and still able to hunt for his next meal.

Rusty called about 10am as he was leaving Bend, meaning we could expect him around 5pm...In the meantime B texted that they were having finger food and playing cards with John's sister and kids and we were invited to join them...Mid afternoon we arrived with bean dip and dessert bars, played cards, and visited...Rusty joined us for a game or two before we headed to Barton Heights, more visiting and in bed by 10pm.

Not much on the agenda for today and the days are a muddle for me...Holidays in the middle of the week really mess with my mind, as I've gotten so used to having holiday weekends and then Monday...Seems like I've had about 4 Mondays in the last two weeks and here it is Saturday again...Guess I better get breakfast started...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

Photo from last February, 
that I imported from my iPhone...
Don't know how I got this snow globe effect.

1 comment:

  1. Don't now how I missed this one..... You had a concussed HAWK laying at your feet and you didn't take a PICTURE of it..... MOM! WHY NOT!

    ReplyDelete