Thursday, January 22, 2015

Home Sweet Home...19º

Up early, after a good nights sleep in our own bed...I guess a little get-away is made possible so we will remember how much we love home...We do like the Clarkston Quality Inn for a bed away from home and I'm not trying to give it a bad review but our room was like an ice box...I got a really good rate online for a 2 room suite, all the bells and whistles, microwave, small fridge, two tv's (that we don't watch) a sofa (with a bed) and a king sized bed and a big bathroom with a roll-in shower...Ahhh the handicapped room...Guess it doesn't get booked very often...Also included with rooms is a breakfast for each of us off of their regular menu, (not a buffet breakfast) and a buy one drink, get the second one free (yes, wine with dinner)...No problem I thought as I turned the heat to 72º and we were on our way to Winco.

Two hours later we returned and it was still an icebox, so Herb worked his magic and figured out the thermostat and did get it to start warming up before we went to dinner...After dinner the temp said 80 cold degrees...Maybe the ceiling was that temp but the hot air was staying there, the floors were cold...(Our son wanted to know what we were doing on the floor and then quickly said NO don't go there. Funny guy!) Now I suppose most people would call the front desk and ask for a warm room, but once the Allen's get all their stuff into a motel room we hate to move...So Herb found the spare comforter for the hide-abed and wrapped up in that before going to bed...I stayed up, reading, doing scrabble and finally changed into my jammies and payed a visit to the "tiled" bathroom...One bare foot onto that freezing tile floor and I forgot why I was in the bathroom...Before going to bed I warmed one of the bath towels in the microwave for one minute...Ahhh it was toasty warm and just right to wrap around my cold feet as I crawled into bed...I slept good most of the night except---for the dredging machine that was working nearby in the river all night long!..Herb was still cold the next morning...I'm beginning to wonder about his thermostat!..Hugs To All...OWAV:)

PS....I forgot the photos.

Wallowa Mountains from Snow Hollow Hill

Seven Devils from Hurrican Creek Road

Herb feeling a little warmer!

1 comment: