Saturday, September 19, 2015

Beautiful, sunny, fall day...40º

Can't think of anything to write this morning so decided to look back at a year ago today...I was getting ready to help with a preserving class at Joseph Charter School, teaching new canners how to make pickles...I was also roasting the last batch of tomatoes and Herb and I were picking apples....After a banner year for fruit last year it is far and few between this year, thanks to early frosts that took all the apples, apricots and plums...Also I seem to be scaling down with the canning, doing fewer pickles, roasting less tomatoes and waiting to do more jam until we eat more of it off of the cellar shelves.

In the next month I will be canning meat, mostly a mix of ground elk/deer and pork...That makes a tasty combination and is good in tacos, enchiladas as well as many casseroles...As I write this morning Bobi and Ci are headed to the Oregon Coast to buy tuna and we will have a canning frensy at our "Thanksmas Celebration" in November.

Cienna embarks on her newest journey as Monday moring she will resume her education combining high school/college in one....Bobi will be blogging about this next week i'm sure so I will say no more!..Only want to wish Ci success and "safe travels" as she continues the scary art of driving in Portland!

Pat check in this morning as their ship docked in Italy and they were leaving for a tour and wine tasting in Tuscany...OH MY!

The "Litte Shop of Horors" is on my agenda today, sounds like a fun show and as usual I'm sure the music, dancing, sets and costumes will be wonderful...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment