Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Grasses and Flowerbeds

Normally I try to rid the flowerbeds of grass, it is invasive, doesn't bloom, but wants to be the star of the show...Yesterday Herb and I took a little journey to a cabin in the woods at the head of Wallowa Lake...Ornamental grasses grow there and we had permission to gather starts...I still felt like an interloper and found myself looking around, thinking a voice was going to say, "What the hell do you people think you are doing?" I snapped a few photos before we left, the sun was just making its appearance, such a peaceful spot.

Back home checking out our own yard we soon had holes dug, grasses planted and watered in...They will have time to get their root system started before winter comes and we have high hopes of a new crop of ornamental grass adding color, texture and even a little bloom come next fall.

Before leaving the house I started dough for flatbread, then back home I finished mixing and fried 10 flatbreads, 2 for dinner and the rest went in the freezer...Fresh homemade sauerkraut simmered with sausages...Didn't take us long to devour our new creation of sauerkraut/sausages in a flatbread wrap.

Another sunny fall day on Barton Heights...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Sugar maple turned red

Learn to bloom where unplanted...:)

Cozy little nook

Dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment