Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Flatbread/Softwrap...45º

Always looking for an easier sandwich bread, (homemade buns fall apart while eating, sliced homemade bread sometimes dry,) I couldn't wait to try a new flatbread recipe with novel techniques...A recipe from King Arthur Flour has you partially cooking the flour by pouring boiling water over two cups of flour, leave it to cool, add instant yeast, salt, oil, potato flakes, the rest of the flour and knead...My first batch on Saturday turned out okay and was used for mini pizzas...Wanting to improve, I made another batch on Sunday, messed up the recipe and threw out the entire batch...Not one to give up I did another batch on Monday and it was edible but a bit doughy (shared it with John and Becky,) and we had BLT's for dinner using the wrap and put the rest of the rounds in the freezer...Not sure if I will try it again.

Yesterday with the cool mornings I was still in the mood to bake...I mixed (help from the cuisinart) a large batch of pie crust, made an apple pie, using what few gravenstiens we have this year and a few galas that Herb found on the ground...Not the best pie as the galas didn't soften but didn't stop us from eating it...We have half a pie left for breakfast, the sun is shining and the out of doors is calling me...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

BLT Wrap

No comments:

Post a Comment