Saturday, September 12, 2015

Running errands...51º

Not my favorite thing to do but since I had my newly repaired car to drive I made a list and headed out the door...Bills to pay, groceries to buy and perennial starts to deliver...Oh, and a couple of yardsales to visit...Herb was doing laundry and smoking/cooking our last lamb shoulder roast.

I found myself very aware of parking at yardsales and watching how other people parked...It seems that parking rules do not apply at YS...You may park diagonal, parallel, wrong side of the road, anything goes...The important thing is to arrive early, get as close as possible and race to the tables, laden with bargains...Yesterday I found no bargains but maybe I was distracted, thinking about possible dents in my car or it could have been that my "partner in crime" was unable to accompany me on this day...She was busy with haircuts, pedicures, last minute errands before leaving for three weeks to cruise the Mediterranean.

Back home, groceries put away and a strange car pulled into our driveway...An older couple looking for the "Homer Hayes" house on Barton Heights...This just happens to be our house now and we welcomed them in to revisit a house of her childhood, where she first visited her grandfather, John Hayes, then her uncle Homer Hayes...She in her 80's now, was very pleased to renew memories.

After that I tried to dirty most of the bowls in the kitchen making a lemon pudding cake for us and to share with Becky and John...The lamb roast came out perfect, both in presentation and flavor...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Yummy lamb roast.

No comments:

Post a Comment