Saturday, June 17, 2023

A Day in La Grande...Beautiful drive, sunny day

 We left Enterprise around 10AM, arriving in La Grande just in time for lunch at The Liberty Cafe...We ordered two different sandwiches to split, both were good and ample size...A quick side trip to Union and the Platz Family Market, featuring fruits and vegetables...I've been following them on FB, I bought strawberries and salad greens, later in the summer I hope to buy peaches and pears.

We were back in La Grande just in time to make a quick stop at BiMart, then onto my 2:15 appointment at the eye doctor...Eyes checked out stable again, don't go back until October...We made WalMart our last stop of the day...Neither of us are into "shop until we drop" mode of yesteryears!..It was a good day. Hugs To All...OWAV:)

PS, My friend Judy inspired me to make the last of our garden asparagus into pickles...I added garlic scapes, scallions, dried garlic and peppers for flavor, hope they are as good as they look.

Ready to eat in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment