Tuesday, June 6, 2023

A Jam Packed Week....Yard Work, Cooking, Friends.

 Breakfast this morning at Glacier Grill and a visit this afternoon with my friend Amy...So nice to have new friends and old friends that rally around when life gets tough!

....Herb was able to walk out of the ER that evening, with a walker, and up a few steps with Rusty's help...We had a prescription that would reduce the agitation, confusion and help him sleep...The night went well, but the meds really made him groggy.

Over the past year, broken sleep, and nightmares, had been a pattern...With dementia, people become fixated on certain things, Herb would wake me in the night to help him look for a book, or a key, things that didn't exist, except in his dream/imagination...It could take up to two hours to calm/soothe him, I would tell him we would look more in the morning...Sometimes these dreams were nightmares, people were outside with guns, they wanted to harm us and he would be holding me so tight, trying to protect me...On those nights it was better to get up and sit in our recliners with lights on to help him see that we were not in danger...The doctor suggested we sleep in separate bedrooms, Rusty spent more nights with us so I could get more sleep...continued

I mowed the lawn yesterday, started the mower on the first pull...Rusty was building a rack on his pickup so he can haul our winters wood...We had leftovers, made into a chicken/caesar salad, for dinner, ice cream for dessert...Late evening I
deadheaded daffodils and took a few photos...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

My newest flowers, a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment