Wednesday, June 14, 2023

A Fun Surprise....Breezy/Cool

Rusty arrived at my house early yesterday morning, before leaving for a few days in Bend...We did our usual "dance" around the kitchen, he took over the little smokies in the frying pan, sliced bread for toast and broke two eggs...I sliced an apple, for our plates and added a few sweet cherries...We ate and visited about his trip and what I would be doing while he was gone...(Not eating bonbons, for sure!)..I have watering and weeding in my future, maybe lawn mowing.

On my first trip to the veggie garden, a morning ritual, I was checking the strawberries, when neighbor Bill called out a good morning and walked over to the garden fence...He said, "Wow you have ripe strawberries." I looked closer and sure enough 2 big almost ripe berries, hidden under the large green leaves...I was surprised, because I hadn't seen this happening!..Now they are covered with netting to keep the robins from eating them, i'm wondering are they going to be tart or sweet?..Will they be ripe before Rusty gets back home and I can eat both of them?

It was a lovely drive out North yesterday...I rode along with friend Janie, we met Steve, Leita and two granddaughters Flora and Prairie at Safeway for the 25 mile trip to "Joseph Canyon Lodge," where we joined Cathy for lunch...We visited about our years in "Write Group" and our lives since then...We left for the drive home in a pounding rainstorm, thunder and lightning included...Back home I was disappointed to find that the rain had missed us again!

Today I go for a massage, can hardly wait...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Almost Ripe

Lots of Green Ones!


No comments:

Post a Comment