Monday, November 14, 2011

Breezy morning...34º--39º

Snow in the forecast, with light winds...Always interesting to see what really happens on any given day...Yesterday was sunny with a cold wind most of the day, but still warm enough to melt off the new snow.

I spent my time indoors, cleaning downstairs and moving dust around upstairs...Did sort and get rid of the accumulated mess around the computer and sewing machine...Which brings me to the quandary of do we need both computers?..Bought the one upstairs, with money from our "bread sales", six years ago, twenty inch screen, state of the art "Mac"... Both Herb and I made the switch from PC to Mac with the help of Bobi, and have never looked back...In fact a year ago, when drooling over the new ipads, and thinking that would be a nice birthday present for myself?...Herb said, "I'll buy the ipad for your birthday."...Big mistake, because that got me to thinking again...Could I do my writing on the ipad?..Sort of, but number 1. it didn't have a writing program, number 2. the ipad was in its infancy...and Bobi said, "Mom it is always better to wait for the second version, when they have some of the kinks worked out and they will add more features.  Don't get in a hurry."...So now I started looking at the MacBook Pro (a laptop)...A cool machine...It had more hard drive, memory and all of the programs on the desktop could be transferred over...It was lightweight, portable and easy to use sitting in my recliner, didn't get a kink in my neck trying to look at the screen through my bifocals...I could write or play games, surf the net or whatever to my hearts content AND take it with me where ever I went...Oh so many pluses!..So we took the plunge, called the computer place in Portland and placed an order.

Oma's toast to you!
Sooo here I am almost a year later, the laptop, almost my constant companion, clicking away doing the 287th blog since I started blogging on 01/06/11...I hardly knew what a blog was and had no idea what I was doing or why I was doing it...On any given morning I quite often don't have a clue what my subject will be, like today, but I just start typing and sometimes it is my "blathering" sometimes a "rant and rave" sometimes just a way to share and communicate with my family and friends...Today a toast to "all" my readers...OWAV:)

PS...The ipad 2 is out and I smell the wood burning!







2 comments: