Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Exercise...26º--38º

Daily exercise is a must but most easy to put off...not enough time, too cold, windy, hot, rainy, snowy, not fun to do by yourself or I'm just plain lazy...It is easy on any given day to find some excuse...So Pat and I are saying no excuses, some way we have to make it happen...At her house on Saturday after cutting fabric for a bedspread, she had me trudging up and down the hilly slope that her house sits on...We both had on our "yak tracks" for improved footing, breathing deeply of the cold, crisp air and talking...Me taking breaks to stretch and fill my lungs one more time, as we reach the top of the hill and then start back down...Ahhh, the easy part...Today we will walk the Joseph school track on our way to write group...A good surface to walk on, kind to our aging joints and the view is unsurpassed.

Yesterday I officially handed over a volunteer job that I have done for four years...I have been recording memberships, sending out membership cards, doing mailings and reporting to the board, of "The Friends of the Joseph Branch" of the Eagle Cap Excursion train... Along with this, for several years I volunteered as a hostess on the excursion trips...I really liked the onboard trips, visiting with people and enjoying the scenery, until a sprained ankle required a year off to heal...When I returned, it didn't seem the same, things were unorganized, it became more like work instead of fun...Decided it was time to move on...I will still support the train as I believe in the overall concept...Just looking at it from a different angle... Hugs to all OWAV:)


1 comment: