Thursday, November 10, 2011

Spaced a Meeting...26º---49º

I had a full day planned yesterday, walk, yoga, a 2pm and 6pm committee meeting...Home from yoga, feeling not energized but good...I had remembered to pay the property tax...(Yes last year I forgot) Did scrabble, worked in the kitchen and was soon fixing dinner to be ready at 2pm...Completely spacing the 2pm meeting...I answered the ringing phone to "did you forget?"..."Oh CRRRAP," I said..."Yes, I will finish my dinner and be right there!"...Of course not the only thing I've ever forgotten, but I find myself having to write down more things... "BIG NOTES" on the kitchen counter to remind me... Speaking of that it reminds me of my Mom and her "reminder"...Her house was always neat and cleared of clutter, so the first time I saw her address book in the middle of the living room floor, I picked it up and put it away for her...I soon heard her voice saying "Della did you pick up my address book?"  "Yes," I said "Is that okay?"  "No, I put it on the floor as a reminder to call Mona on her birthday in a few days."

That was her way of staying on track and she did it until she died at 96...Just one little thing out of place...Won't work for me, too many things out of place in my house and I would probably have to call every phone number in the phone book until I figured out who I was supposed to be calling!..Have a great day everyone and don't "FORGET" to Smile...   OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment