Wednesday, November 23, 2011

"Country"--52º---Very strong gusts...4am

Have been up since 3am wondering if the house is going to stay put or if like Dorothy and Toto, I will wake up, blinking my eyes in wonder, in some unknown place...The wind gusted all through the night but got really bad about 2:30am...I'm surprised that the power is still on...Unable to sleep I got up at 3am, turned on the coffee and now have the scrabble games all done...Just waiting for daylight, when the wind usually dies down...Last night I started a batch of bread and left it in the "sponge" to rise overnight, so need to tend to it soon.

Yesterday our usual "Write Group" met at Cloud Nine and we have such a good time, it is hard to explain...Just a great bunch of ladies!

I arrived home to a surprise in the mail, a free copy of "Country"...Yes, my story is indeed published in the latest issue of "Country"...In the section they call "The Way it Was" and titled "What not to Wear"...There I am as an eight year old, freckles on my nose and my hair in pigtails...I am pleased that they made only small changes to my original story and just so excited to be published that I can hardly contain myself!..So if you get the magazine take a minute and read my story about "my first day in a one-room school house".

I must come back to reality and continue to get on with the upcoming holiday...I have bread to knead, soup to make, yoga class and hopefully a morning walk....  OWAV:)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! My Mom the published writer!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! Can't wait to get a copy...I love this photo too...Hugs and have a great weekend with your family...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, to my two best cheer leaders!

    ReplyDelete