Saturday, November 12, 2011

Repotted...26º--34º

Yesterday I spent time cleaning out more drawers and then when my 10:30 meeting canceled and the sun was shinning, I decided to repot some of the house plants...I enlisted Herb to help haul them to the garage, where the potting soil and pots are handy and proceeded with trying to remove then from the old pots...The asparagus fern was so root bound that the pot had to be cut off of it and a new pot found...One that hopefully will hold it for a few years...I was ruthless in cutting off much of its root system and am surprised this morning that it is still alive...I like outdoor plants best, but enjoy my house plants during the cold, cloudy days of winter.

Pat and I walked in the afternoon, changing out route so we could visit Celia and Annabelle (mules) and see the progress on the new pole barn, that Brian is building...It was another invigorating walk and the steady uphill on our way home got our heart rate up!

Pat brought oxtail (we shared) soup that she had made, so instead of having burritos as planned, we dined on a wonderful, full meal soup of lentils, lots of veggies, oxtail and added a salad for dinner...Today I have more cleaning and sorting in mind...Hugs to all...  OWAV:)

1 comment:

  1. Aren't you suppose to do the Spring Cleaning in the Spring?

    ReplyDelete