Saturday, June 2, 2012

"The Deck"...55º

Yesterday started with Herb doing laundry, washing the dirt encrusted clothes he and Rusty had worn in Jim Creek...I was planting geraniums and Rusty started hosing down and cleaning the deck (one of the honey do's on my list)...A few hours later found the 3 of us taking a break on the deck, now almost dry because the sun was hot and shinning full overhead...Herb glanced around and said, "You know, if someone would go to the store and buy the stain maybe someone could get it applied in time to dry before the forecasted rain starts." Rusty picked right up on that and said, "Okay Dad, Mom and I will go get the stain and you can put it on." Herb knowing he had stumbled head-long into that one didn't put up much of an argument...He began to assemble paint trays and pads, Rusty and I headed for the store to buy stain...I knowing that all this work was making everyone hungry, busied myself in the kitchen fixing enchiladas for our dinner.

Herb and Rusty worked steadily on the deck, we took a break for dinner and they finished up while I planted tomato and cabbage plants in the garden...Later as we rested, drinking a beer we watched the clouds gather on the mountains to the west and knew that the forecasted rain storm was eminent...It was an early bedtime for all of us and when in the middle of the night we awoke to the steady rain outside the bedroom windows we knew it was an afternoon well spent.

Still cloudy this morning, I'm looking at the "list" checking out possible jobs for today...Russ just informed me he is going back to bed (just kidding) and Herb is busy on the iPad...AAAAhhhh, Maybe we will check out the yard sales... Hugs to All...OWAV:)

1 comment: