Friday, June 1, 2012

Planting Annuals...49º

Made a trip to Alder Slope Nursery yesterday, late afternoon...Picked up the bright red geraniums that I ordered early this spring. Then I wandered the green house, added more annuals, paid for my purchases and headed home to plant...I worked on the geraniums until Herb and Rusty pulled in the drive, hungry from their overnight trip as FS volunteers to Jim Creek...The rest of the planting would wait until morning.

While they showered, I sliced roast pork, made gravy, toasted homemade bread and steamed a bunch of asparagus...We were soon devouring our dinner and I was listening to stories of the elk and deer they had seen...Also while using the weed eater, knocking down the already long grass around the house, two rattlesnakes were killed...Then they helped John load horses and mules in trailers and bumped their way home over rough dirt roads...Both my guys were ready for an early bedtime last night and I soon followed.

A couple of photo's to share from our "Write People" outing, in Flora at Cathy's home on Courtney Butte..  Hugs to All...  OWAV:)


Cathy giving a tour of the tree farm

Another potluck lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment