Saturday, June 16, 2012

June Days...44º

Awake at 3:30am this morning, rested and ready for another sunny day in June.

Yesterday morning I was outside early working in the flowerbeds before a morning walk and then back home to make strawberry jam...I got 10-1/2 pints (jelly jars) of the amazing red jewel-like mixture, now stored on the cellar shelves, saved for toast, pancakes or biscuits this winter...We did keep one jar upstairs to enjoy now...This may entice me to make another batch as I love filling the cellar shelves and ten 1/2 pints doesn't go very far.

Strawberry Jam

Mid afternoon "We Three" met at "Caldera" in Joseph...A small upscale restaurant, where we sat on the covered front porch, ordered "wraps", sipped a glass of wine and talked non-stop, covering many subjects...We look forward to a break in our writing classes for the summer but will continue with our monthly get togethers, that we have come to enjoy and look forward to.

Back home Herb was relaxed reading, and the cord of wood that I expected to be piled in the driveway was already in the basement woodshed...Sooo I joined him, unwinding from my busy day and later on I was outside spraying the nasty smelling "Liquid Deer Fence" to protect the new blooms.

Today is looking like a picture perfect day at home and tomorrow we will celebrate Fathers Day with Pat and Brian as we drive to Baker City, board the Sumpter Train for a ride and then to "Haines Steak House" for dinner....  Hugs to All...  OWAV:)


1 comment: