Friday, June 8, 2012

Walla Walla...42º--Rain

Looks like a rainy day for travel to Walla Walla today...Only 65º for the high there today and showers likely...Shouldn't bother Pat and I much as we will be in and out of stores and she has a dermatology appointment.

The strawberries are just starting to come on, so will try to get some to make a batch of jam...We had lots of strawberry jam when I was a kid...Freezer jam made its debut and Mom made lots of it...We had it on toast, pancakes, waffles, and I remember ice cream sundaes made with freezer jam, sprinkled with nuts and topped with whipped cream...Over the years I grew tired of it, but lately have been thinking that it would taste good for a change, so will dig out the recipes and see what I can come up with.

Looking at the clock, almost 6am, must get dressed and ready to go!..  Hugs to All...  OWAV:)

1 comment:

  1. I remember strawberry jam on cubes of Grandmas bread covered with fresh cream - what a great treat!! sue

    ReplyDelete