Saturday, January 11, 2014

Calm before the Storm...43º

After the whirlwind of activity on Wed. and Thurs., yesterday seemed anti-climatic...I did a small pressure cooker to finish up the turkey and filled the remaining spots in the canner with pints of beans; red, black and garbanzo...These are especially nice to have on the cellar shelves instead of salty canned beans purchased from the store...Herb took his time moving everything back down stairs and out to the garage while I wiped down the jars of turkey, labeled them before they go to the cellar.

While I waited for that last canner I spent time searching the internet for airline tickets for our spring trip...Finally mid afternoon with Herb looking over my shoulder (at my request) I filled in all of the info, he double checked, before I hit the purchase button!..It is now official, we will be visiting Pat and Brian in Florida for a week, then meet our kids in Washington DC, spend 5 days there before flying home...EXCITED...

Went to bed last night thinking we would be awakened by wind, was still calm this morning at 4am but now at 7am the wind storm/rain is moving this way...Will just hunker down and hope the roof stays on....Hugs To All...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment