Thursday, January 2, 2014

Corny Idea...20º

At the Amish store (Kaufmans) in Island City a few weeks ago, I purchases some masa flour...I like corn tortillas, but have a hard time finding fresh ones in Wallowa County...I thought it would be fun to make some from scratch...It was fun but not very practical...I don't think mine will ever hold up to filling them with hamburger to make tacos out of them...They smelled wonderful as they cooked but were way too thick and I could tell right away that they were going to fall apart...So I quickly grated some cheese, sprinkled a thick layer overtop of the tortilla in the frypan, folded it over, left it on the heat until the cheese melted, then Herb and I had breakfast as I cut them into wedges, warm fresh from the pan...Simple quesadillas....I spooned salsa over mine, he ate his plain...I had made a half batch and we slicked up every little morsel...We could add some leftover, pork, chicken or beef and it just might be a new breakfast staple at our house...Maybe we will try tostadas for dinner, to be eaten with a fork...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Rustic corn tortilla

Not very pretty but it sure tasted good!

No comments:

Post a Comment